Options

Hollyoaks star confirms Grace Black is back permanently

Jack_bauer24Jack_bauer24 Posts: 3,473
Forum Member
✭✭✭
edited 12/04/24 - 08:57 in Soaps #1
Actress Tamara Wall who plays Grace Black has confirmed she is back permanently on Hollyoaks: https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/a60468734/hollyoaks-spoilers-tamara-wall-grace-return-explained/

Comments

• Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 12/04/24 - 09:17 #2
    Ugh, happy for her fans and Tamara, but I wasn't a fan of the character and I was glad with her exit, so I wouldn't have brought her back.

We are losing a gangster (Warren) just to gain more with Freddie and Grace, and who knows who else...when the show should be walking away from gangstery stuff altogether.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    Ugh, happy for her fans and Tamara, but I wasn't a fan of the chatacter and I was glad with her exit, so I wouldn't have brought her back.

We are losing a gangster (Warren) just to gain more with Freddie and Grace, and who knows who else...when the show should be walking away from gangstery stuff altogether.

Yeah, I rather have sexy Warren then Grace any day :) but I think Jamie Lomas quit, rather then axed. So, I think it was Jamie's decision to leave which is a shame.
  • Options
    lufcfan1998lufcfan1998 Posts: 19,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that's 3 maybe 4 permanent returns (I say maybe as I'm not sure of Robbie's return is permanent unlike Hannah, Freddie and Grace)
  • Options
    Shinealight12Shinealight12 Posts: 2,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, happy for her fans and Tamara, but I wasn't a fan of the chatacter and I was glad with her exit, so I wouldn't have brought her back.

More gangsters and criminal based stories. Sounds riveting. Can't wait.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 12/04/24 - 09:25 #6
    I was hoping CC would snap Tamara up for EastEnders.
  • Options
    Joe_H11Joe_H11 Posts: 5,639
    Forum Member
    I was hoping CC would snap Tamara up for EastEnders.

Kats friend again?
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,813
    Forum Member
    She should never been axed in the first place. That being said not looking forward for more gangster plots.
  • Options
    JArsea123JArsea123 Posts: 9,611
    Forum Member
    edited 12/04/24 - 11:17 #10
    I actually like Grace nothing against her or Tamara she's well received on here. The only issue I have is more with fans who openly say they hate the likes of Warren but love the likes of Grace. When both have done the same amount of damage, committed the same amount of crimes ect all that palava.

I knew the day Warren leaves they would attempt to replace him I said this for many years and that's what they seem to be doing with Freddie and now a returning Grace.

I wonder if Grace returning full time as well as Freddie also means Norma COULD be on her way out too. Who knows.

It actually wasn't nice at all seeing Tamara heartbroken over Grace's axing on her socials and exit interview so I'm happy she's got the job she loves back.

I do think though they will have to come up with a good reason as to why she's released she got caught bang to rights doing armed robbery and hostage taking as well as confessing to it all. I feel she will have this storyline with Freddie and will return full time after the time jump if that's the case kinda lazy but that could be me just thinking ahead and they have something lined up to explain it all.

What I don't get though why is Grace in cahoots with Freddie of all people? She hates him with a passion he murdered her father so I'm hoping that's explained and not just a massive elephant in the room.
  • Options
    prodboi50prodboi50 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace’s return wasn’t needed, the character ran her course a while back.
  • Options
    tfox6tfox6 Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I rather have sexy Warren then Grace any day :) but I think Jamie Lomas quit, rather then axed. So, I think it was Jamie's decision to leave which is a shame.

Must you keep adding 'sexy' into your posts? it's really quite creepy when you do it so much.

I'm beginning to think Jack_bauer24 might be Jamie Lomas' secret online identity.

• Options
    prodboi50prodboi50 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Must you keep adding 'sexy' into your posts? it's really quite creepy when you do it so much.

This guy’s obsessed with Warren.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    She should never been axed in the first place. That being said not looking forward for more gangster plots.

Agree especially with the shows on air time going down to 1 hour per week.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm happy she's coming back. I just hope that they forget about any gangster plots for her. Tamara really excels in both dramatic & comedic storylines so hopefully they'll give her a range of things to do.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always though she was hammy and OTT if I’m being honest. Don’t get the hype.

Also state of show bringing in anyone as more than a guest is a nope.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A permanent return for Grace surely means she is getting out of prison? I don't think they could have her in prison up in Scotland while she secretly manages Freddie in Hollyoaks. I guess this is another reason for Cindy leaving too as she is currently living in Grace's flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excuse me, for your information. I toned it down for a while now. And I don't see what's it got to do with you? if you don't like me, put me on ignore, it's that simple. It's not rocket science.

Also, I see a lot of posters on here saying sexy about women, but no one has a go at them. It's always people have a go at me, it's bullying!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prodboi50 wrote: »

Again, I will say the same thing to you. What has it got to do with you if I fancy Jamie Lomas (Warren) a lot? If you don't like me, put me on ignore.
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excuse me, for your information. I toned it down for a while now. And I don't see what's it got to do with you? if you don't like me, put me on ignore, it's that simple. It's not rocket science.

Also, I see a lot of posters on here saying sexy about women, but no one has a go at them. It's always people have a go at me, it's bullying!!

It’s hardly bullying, it’s just a bit much tbh
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 12,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JArsea123 wrote: »
    I actually like Grace nothing against her or Tamara she's well received on here. The only issue I have is more with fans who openly say they hate the likes of Warren but love the likes of Grace. When both have done the same amount of damage, committed the same amount of crimes ect all that palava.

I knew the day Warren leaves they would attempt to replace him I said this for many years and that's what they seem to be doing with Freddie and now a returning Grace.

I wonder if Grace returning full time as well as Freddie also means Norma COULD be on her way out too. Who knows.

It actually wasn't nice at all seeing Tamara heartbroken over Grace's axing on her socials and exit interview so I'm happy she's got the job she loves back.

I do think though they will have to come up with a good reason as to why she's released she got caught bang to rights doing armed robbery and hostage taking as well as confessing to it all. I feel she will have this storyline with Freddie and will return full time after the time jump if that's the case kinda lazy but that could be me just thinking ahead and they have something lined up to explain it all.

What I don't get though why is Grace in cahoots with Freddie of all people? She hates him with a passion he murdered her father so I'm hoping that's explained and not just a massive elephant in the room.

Maybe she's working with Freddie to get out of Jail then get revenge on him?
  • Options
    JArsea123JArsea123 Posts: 9,611
    Forum Member
    JArsea123 wrote: »

Maybe she's working with Freddie to get out of Jail then get revenge on him?

That would be a good twist and more like the old Grace.
  • Options
    eastieoaks1eastieoaks1 Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it's not bullying to call you out on this. More often that not when I see your posts it's 'sexy' this and 'sexy' that. I don't see it half as much from other regular posters, and you've been told about this before that the constant referring to characters as sexy isn't adding anything to the topic.
  • Options
    eastieoaks1eastieoaks1 Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Again, I will say the same thing to you. What has it got to do with you if I fancy Jamie Lomas (Warren) a lot? If you don't like me, put me on ignore.

Couldn't care less who you do or don't fancy but as it's been said on here you keep on about how characters are 'sexy' is just a bit much.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't care less who you do or don't fancy but as it's been said on here you keep on about how characters are 'sexy' is just a bit much.

This discussion has been had many many times.
  • Options
    grasstractorgrasstractor Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey15811 wrote: »
    I always though she was hammy and OTT if I’m being honest. Don’t get the hype.

Also state of show bringing in anyone as more than a guest is a nope.

I would think bringing Grace back in a permanent role was decided before they knew there would be job cuts. The same with any of current/upcoming planned returns and new characters.