I Demand My Money Back!! The Worst Films You've Ever Had To Sit Through

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meet The Spartans :eek:
    The only movie I've ever left before it ended.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexander
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see why people would leave this, even though I really enjoyed it. The cinematography and stunt work are what makes up a large proportion of the enjoyment to be had and that could be boring to a lot of people.

IMO the simple plot worked very well for the type of film it was.

I loved it but I can totally see its not to everyone's taste. There was something unnerving about the entire film. I guess that was part of its ethos.

The closest I've ever come to walking out I'd Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. Just sick Sado masicism. I actually found the relentless torture scenes in extreme poor taste with its " HE SUFFERED FOR YOU!" message thrown at the audience with the subtlety of a brick. Frankly I've no idea why that would convert someone to Christianity-watching the shite being beaten out of a man for an hour and a half. :o:confused:
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,030
    Forum Member
    House of the Dead.

This is THE worst movie you will ever see. Guaranteed you will get more pleasure burning your money.
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was dragged kicking and screaming into 'Into The Woods' what was Merryl thinking!?!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey on ITV now. It's been on an hour and 45 minutes and it's still only halfway there and I'm bored already. The special effects look fake on the small screen. The dialogue is dire. If I had paid to see this at the cinema I would definitely have asked for my money back.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I was convinced, along with a couple of friends, to go to the local arthouse cinema and watch Go Fish.

A very talky and worthy drama about a group of hippy lesbian friends and their relationships.

Lets just say it wasn't exactly what we had been lead to believe it would be.

It was a total waste of an afternoon. There wasn't so much as a nipple in the whole 90 minutes.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey on ITV now. It's been on an hour and 45 minutes and it's still only halfway there and I'm bored already. The special effects look fake on the small screen. The dialogue is dire. If I had paid to see this at the cinema I would definitely have asked for my money back.

:D Just thinking this. I love Lord of the Rings and the other two Hobbit movies but blimey this is slow.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Medicine Man. Didn't even sit through it and left 3/4 of the way through at the cinema
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hunger Games, it bored me to tears, stopped watching about half-way through.

I agree with the FM above about Closer, what a load of pretentious drivel that was :D
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Birdman]/B]. Except I didn't make it all the way to end, I lasted about 45 minutes, was bored shitless with it, then the horrible jazz drumming racket started up again and I walked out. I saw it at Cineworld, i'm a Cineworld Unlimited member and I still feel ripped off by that movie.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asarualim wrote: »
    Birdman]/B]. Except I didn't make it all the way to end, I lasted about 45 minutes, was bored shitless with it, then the horrible jazz drumming racket started up again and I walked out. I saw it at Cineworld, i'm a Cineworld Unlimited member and I still feel ripped off by that movie.

I agree. It was pretty bad. And so was Boyhood. Two completely overrated films.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,487
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    :D Just thinking this. I love Lord of the Rings and the other two Hobbit movies but blimey this is slow.

It's the middle Hobbit film I really can't stand. The last one is okay, but the first two I'm not likely to watch often...kind of like the Star Wars prequels then :D:p
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. It was pretty bad. And so was Boyhood. Two completely overrated films.

i started watching Boyhood but I just couldn't get into and decided I had better things to do with my life. I will give it another try at some point, but I've no intention of giving Birdman another shot unless there's a director's cut without the godawful drumming. Were it not for that I may have made it to the end, and it might have been OK, but it just did my head in.
  • Options
    AUNACAUNAC Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Man of Steel
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry if already on here but tried to watch magic mike last night i got to the first strip sequence and turned off

im no prude it was just crap
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me! Even the title is frigging pretentious! Given the right surroundings - what a wonderful cure for insomnia that film was. I remember being rather jealous of a bloke behind me in the cinema who had the good fortune to fall asleep just minutes into it! If it wasn't for his snoring - I could easily have drifted off too! Load of pants!
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two spring to mind...

Most recently, Left Behind, with Nicolas Cage. Just when you thought Cage could not sink any lower. I wouldn't normally do this...but...do not watch it...ever.

Robin Hood Men In Tights. I like most of Mel Brooks stuff, but the problem is he still thought puerile jokes about effeminacy, gay people and bodily functions were as funny as they were in the sixties and seventies.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apollo 13. It was just awful dreary rubbish. Also, my Dad went to see David Cronenberg's Crash and he said people walked out,
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Two spring to mind...

Most recently, Left Behind, with Nicolas Cage. Just when you thought Cage could not sink any lower. I wouldn't normally do this...but...do not watch it...ever.

I knew Cage had money problems, but how desperate must things have gotten
    that he did a low-budget adaptation of a novel popular with Christian Fundies and nobody
    else?
  • Options
    LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sweeney, really really crap acting from all parties involved.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonwalker - I only stayed till the end because I was with someone who was a fan and also my lift home.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As bad as its reputation, then?

I remember I really hated "Closer". None of the characters were likeable and
    the script was boring and pretentious. It fitted the stereotype of the
    art-house film being about "middle-class people who commit adultery". >:(

I have never seen that film. A friend of mine to see it with his girlfriend and they said it was crap. I remember seeing the trailer and thinking how self indulgent it was. Even that song that was on it's soundtrack was hyperbolic and over emotional rubbish. I can't remember the song or the performer of it and I don't want to.
  • Options
    LadyFluffLadyFluff Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Nine Months - with Hugh Grant in 1995. I was 13, and my school friend was madly in love with Hugh Grant and dragged a bunch of us to see it. Dear god it was terrible. I never want to suffer a film like I suffered that again.